Tuesday, October 13, 2009

October 13

Today I set up a microaquarium in order to observe some of the many microorganisms that go unnoticed in every day life.I used water from Carter Mill Park at the spring source (Knox co.) I also added two different plants to the microaquarium.Plant A . Amblystegium varium (Hedw.) Lindb. Moss. Collection from: Natural spring. at Carters Mill Park, Carter Mill Road, Knox Co. TN. Partial shade exposure. N36 01.168 W83 42.832. 10/11/2009Plant B. Utricularia vulgaris L. Flowering. Plant. B carnivous plant. Original material from south shore of Spain Lake (N 35o55 12.35" W088o20' 47.00), Camp Bella Air Rd. East of Sparta Tn. in White Co. and grown in water tanks outside of greenhouse at Hesler Biology Building. The University of Tennessee. Knox Co. Knoxville TN.When looking through a microscope I was able to see several things. I saw a short oval shaped thing that did not change size or shape but easily moved in all directions. I also saw what I think may be a younger (smaller) form of the same organism. its movement was more erratic and turned directions more often sometimes going in circles. The last thing seen was a very fast moving black dot.

No comments:

Post a Comment